Hey guys. My name’s William and this is my blog documenting my journey as an aspiring consultant/data analyst! I guess it’s customary for my first post to let you guys get to know me a little bit better, so here are a few things about me:
- I’ve just completed my first year at Johns Hopkins University studying Computer Science/Applied Mathematics and Statistics.
- I currently hold a part-time job on campus, working for the Hopkins Vice Provost Office. My job involves researching and presenting what factors lead to impactful publications that Hopkins faculty contribute to.
- I was born and raised in northern Virginia (we like to call it nova for short), where I attended a magnet public high school, called The Loudoun Academy of Science (AOS), located in Sterling, Virginia.
- I love watching HGTV, [romantic] comedies, Korean dramas, sci-fi films, action movies, anime/animated shows, and I’m a huge fan of Fox’s New Girl!
- I’m currently completing an REU internship at George Mason University, which is close to home for me. We’re mining data from online educational courses to predict student retention and grades through machine learning.
This all has probably sounded pretty cliché so far, but I feel like we know each other a little better now!
Until next time, keep it real.